Saturday, April 19, 2008

Where've I been all these years?





I started as a musician, playing drums and singing in bands when I was kid. Never looked back. Freelancing in rock bands at first, then as opportunities arose or circumstance demanded, gradually became fluent in the musical "languages" of Blues, Soul, Rhythm & Blues, eventually picking up Swing, and Jazz.

Fast forward to the present and 30-something years later I'm still playing, still freelance. (So if you need a drummer and/or singer, you know who to call!) I've played covers of every ilk and played in original bands and general business bands for private events, I think I can safely say I've played in every type venue you can envision.

I toured and recorded for several years with one of my childhood heroes, Johnny Winter; that was a blast. We did several European tours during my tenure, as well as playing every state in the Union, and I'm fond of saying "I've seen the world... didn't really care for it." (An attempt at dry humor). We played everything from medium-sized clubs to huge concert stages and I had the privilege of recording with the Man on his Grammy nominated album "I'm a Bluesman" on the Virgin label.

In around 1998 I started to develop an interest in voiceover, and started an internet-based audio production and voiceover-narration business, which I'm happy to say is thriving and which you can learn more about if you're interested by visiting my website at www.WayneJune.com.

Having been an audiobook fan and an avid reader all my life, it was a natural development of interests, opportunity and circumstance that led to the latest branch of my business activities, which includes audiobook production and narration for independent publishers and authors, as well as an entrance into audiobook publishing with the recent birth of AudioBookCase. You can investigate that venture here: www.AudioBookCase.com.

So that's the thumbnail sketch of Wayne June. Mercifully, I'm tired of talking about it for now, so I'm going to go find something else to do. ;-)

~ Wayne