Saturday, May 24, 2008

The Latest



Hmm....Where to start? Well, let's see; in the audiobook department, I've been working on a new production for the H.P.Lovecraft series I've been recording for the past few years, now. The series is called "The Dark Worlds of H. P. Lovecraft" and it's one of my favorite projects. For those of you unfamiliar with Howard Phillips Lovecraft, his stories of alien races, older and more powerful than humankind seeking to re-establish their position as dominant species on the Earth has spawned what's known as the Cthulhu Mythos. Literary critics credit him with being the inventor of modern horror and an influence on writers like Robert Bloch, Wes Craven and Stephen King, to name a few.

He was featured in sci-fi pulp mags such as Weird Tales, Thrilling Wonder Stories and Amazing Stories. His writing style is kind of Edgar Allan Poe-inspired, and his stories will creep you out. He gave me nightmares as a kid; hopefully I'll be able to pass some of that on to you. :-)

Speaking of Edgar Allan Poe, I'm narrating and producing a six-volume audiobook series of his stuff called "Into that Darkness Peering: Nightmarish Tales of the Macabre", got two volumes published as of now. Check out the link in the lower right hand column to "AudioBookCase Publisher's Blog" for all the info. Volume one has been getting good reviews. I won't go into all the details here, but I will say that SFFaudio just informed me that they're tagging it as an "SFFaudio Essential." (They gave me one for the Lovecraft, too!; Thanks Jesse!) Check out SFFaudio at http://www.sffaudio.com/

Also in the horror audiobook category, I've just finished a production of Jack Ketchum's "Hide and Seek", that's on the shelves now and I'll have some download information for you soon in case you prefer that format over CD. Lot's of other stuff happenin', I'll save that for another time. Hope you like the audiobooks, shoot me an email and let me know.
Seacrest Out ;-)

No comments: